Random thoughts and things I do while running:
- Math - I calculate fractions and percentages of the run that I have completed. (nerd!)
- I think if I weren't running and saw someone running I'd want to be running so I'm glad I am running.
- I "smile through the miles" - I read that somewhere and it reminds me at each mile marker to be happy.
- I talk to my legs and tell my muscles and things to behave and relax as needed
- If I'm getting tired and hit on a good song with the right rhythm to pump me up, I might listen to it 10 times in a row.
- I think how rarely I get to do just one thing and focus on it for a period of time. Running is one of the few times, and I appreciate the time and solitude.
- I think about how insane a marathon seems. My run today would not have even been half of one. But on the other hand, the runs only continue to get easier, so maybe??
- I look forward to the challenge of each approaching hill and the fun descent on the other side.
- I have a drink stashed at mile 4 (and 8 on the way back) and I have a PowerGel at the half-way point so I think about those quick little breaks!