My friend Kristin came across this list of questions on another blog (Colene, in Training) and suggested I respond....I'm hoping she, and my other fellow running bloggers will do the same!
1. Best run ever: "Best" is quite nebulous. If I have to pick one stand-out, I'd say the 15-mile long run I did in San Diego last October. I thought my coach was crazy for scheduling a long run when I was traveling (and at a conference) because I get kind of nervous in unfamiliar cities and I have a terrible sense of direction. But I got it done and enjoyed not only the freedom that comes from running, but freedom from my own fears. My stride -- and my world -- opened up that day.
2. Three words that describe my running: Focused. Flowing. Free.
3. My go-to running outfit is: Mizuno Inspire short tights, tank top (no short sleeves ever), Balega socks, Saucony Kinvara 2s with Xtenex laces, SweatVac cap, Garmin 405 watch (old school!), heart rate strap, foot pod, and iPod nano loaded with music and podcasts (This American Life, the Moth, Whadya Know, Competitor Radio...)
4. Quirky habit while running: Groaning out loud, mainly on speedwork/threshold runs, or up hills.
5. Morning, midday, evening: Absolutely, unequivocally - morning. Even if it means running by headlamp!
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: Icy. I haven't been on a treadmill or missed an outdoor run due to weather in years, but the risk of injury from ice is not worth it. There is no such thing as too hot/cold/rainy/snowy/windy to run for me.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: The second broken fibula, definitely. It set off a chain of events that plagued me for most of 2011 including a case of drop-foot in the other leg, followed by a long bout of posterior tibial tendonitis
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: I showed up for my second Pittsburgh Turkey Trot 5K, dressed as usual, as a turkey. Another female racer came up to me pre-race and said they remembered me and their goal since last year was to "beat the turkey". I don't know if they did. I came in 8th out of 1232 women and earned the top master's spot despite being less than aerodynamic!
9. Next race is: Giant Acorn International Triathlon on October 6. Next running race will probably be the Blacksburg Classic 10-miler in February.
10. Potential running goal for 2013: Run a healthy and happy Boston marathon, then hit some new 5K and 10K PRs at my triathlons. A sub-20 minute 5K would be nice! 20:31 is my best to date -- done at the USAT Sprint National triathlon.
OK, YOUR turn! Let me know if you respond to these!