- fartlek (unstructured run with periodic pickups...forgot this one, thanks JRP)
- hammer (as in go hard and fast) and the revered "hammerfest"
- drop set, double drop set, triple drop set, triset,
- settle-in (from swimming - regrouping after starting too fast)
- aerobic, tempo, threshold zones
- failure (actually a good thing, a goal to strive for on some sets)
- deadlift, power clean
- ladder workouts (running progressively faster intervals)
- splits (no bananas involved here); then there are the negative splits!
- bricks (workouts of 2 or more activities in succession e.g. ride/run or swim/ride/run
- whey, branched chain amino acids
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Funny workout words
I'm sure there are more, but here are some funny words and expressions.